Vert-I-Pack Vertical Compactor
Marathon's Vert-I-Pack® (VIP) compactors are ideal for applications where space for a compaction system is limited, the volume of wet waste does not justify a larger system, or a roll-off collection service is not available. This unit is great for shopping plazas, restaurants, cafeterias, fast food locations, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and much more.
- Reversible: Use for Front or Rear Feed Applications
- Adjustable to Accommodate a 4, 6 or 8 Cubic Yard Container
- Extra Low Feed Heights
- Rigid Anchoring Platform
- Triple Interlock
- Available in 3 - 8 Cubic Yard Capacities
- The Vert-I-Pack (VIP) Vertical Compactor is designed to simplify compacted waste dumping, save driver time and substantially reduce maintenance cost. In fact, a front loader driver can attach and empty the container in less than 90 seconds.
- The new Reversible feature allows the unit to easily be converted to front or rear feed by moving the interchangeable bolt-on container stops. One compactor can be used for a variety of applications!*
- The telescoping legs allow the unit to adjust up or down to accommodate a 4, 6 or 8 cubic yard container. The VIP is now more versatile than ever!*
- Vertical compaction which eliminates all openings in the side of container from which waste material can leak or spill!
- Dumping is fast and easy because the refuse comes out of the same opening it went into!
- Elimination of more than a half ton of dead weight (compared to conventional self-contained compactors) which means fewer FL arm repairs.
- Location of the ram above the refuse which prevents trash and liquids from collecting behind the blade to foul up the cylinder or create damage when it freezes in the winter.
- Integral container guides which provide 3" vertical tolerance to make re-entry fast and easy!
- VIP Compactor makes dumping simple and quick. The illuminated green light is the driver's signal that the container is "ok" to be removed for dumping.
- Marathon's patented VIP-LOCK® (Patent # 5025721) positive container lock-in device prevents container "walking." The container device "rides over" the compactor device as the truck moves the container into position. In the fully inserted position, the compaction force inside the container prevents the container from moving.
- The VIP uses more than 13 tons of crushing power forcing the ram 18" into the container. Between uses, the ram seals off the container and applies constant pressure on the refuse–increasing compaction and reducing spring-back.
Convenient to use – EASY AS...
The operator inserts the key and turns it to the "Up" position. the ram moves from the mid-point position to the up position. the door can now be opened.
The large opening allows even 30 gallon (114 liter) containers to be emptied easily.
After feeding the operator closes the door and removes the key. the unit then cycles automatically when the door is closed. With more than 13-tons (11,793 kg) of crushing power, the Vert-I-Pack forces the ram 18-inches (457.2mm) in to the container.
After the ram reaches maximum penetration, it automatically reverses itself. the unit automatically shuts down when the ram reaches the mid-point position at the top
of the container. the ram remains in this position until the next use, sealing off the top of the container and applying constant pressure to the refuse. this helps to increase compaction and reduce spring-back.
Check out the Vert-I-Pack Vertical Compactor in action by click the video below